Luke & I traveled to Arizona this past [long] weekend. We found cheap tickets [on Southwest, under $200], so we decided it was time for another mini-vacation. Plus I've been wanting to introduce Luke to Erin & Cheyenne for the longest time! Arizona has always held a special place in my heart & probably always will. I always look forward to my trips here; usually once a year... Here's what we were up to in Arizona this time!
- Hiked Camelback Mountain. Okay, this is kind of a lie... We hiked the "easy" trail because we are both so out of shape.
- Went to Pei Wei, or Asian Bliss, as Luke now calls it.
- Drove around Tempe, showed Luke ASU and Mill Ave.
- Dinner at Cooperstown with Cheyenne & Chris!
- We went to the Suns vs. Blazers game. This was kinda tricky for me. In my previous employment I've been employed by both of these teams... I did grow up a Blazer fan, so there rests my loyalty, but I was with my favorite ladies that still work for the Suns, so I felt a little torn. It was a good game & I was just thankful to be there with Luke & my girls!
- Walked around Tempe Marketplace & we accidentally stumbled across a Justin Beiber singing contest. It was embarrassing.
- Late lunch @ Pei Wei, round 2!
- Got pedis with Cheyenne. It's kind of a tradition now...
- Dinner @ Delux [with Adam's preferred card!]
- Chatting at Bungalow in Old Town Scottsdale with some great friends!
- Watched the Bears game in Mesa with Luke's friends from high school & watched the Bears beat the Seahawks!
- Drove around Tempe trying to find my grandmas old house, the old house that I grew up visiting!
- Hung out with Chris, Cheyenne & Mateo [a.k.a. coolest "almost" 2-year old ever!]
- Had dinner at the Yard House with Jordan & Brenna up at Desert Ridge in Paradise Valley.
- Luke & I went to Sedona for the day & took A LOT of pictures! The weather was so gorgeous at about 70 degrees. Up towards Slide Rock State Park it got a little cooler in the 60's & there was snow everywhere! I made a hand-held snowman, just for fun!
- We had dinner & margaritas back in Phoenix with Erin & Cheyenne; my two most favorite ladies in the world!
- Erin gave me the cutest charm ever! [see right]. It's a little suitcase with a tiny postcard hidden inside. Since I like to travel & I do so quite a bit... she thought it would be perfect for me :) She was right!